St Valentine’s Day this year falls on a Tuesday, much to the chagrin of restaurants and bars around the capital. It’s hard to really relish every drop of that expensive Pomerol with an early conference call lurking in the back of your mind. Unless you relocate your celebrations to the weekend, here are some romantic ways to celebrate the occasion.
- Do: Tuesday is named after Týr, the Norse god of war and law and the equivalent of the firey Roman god of war, Mars, so capture some of that energy and climb the roof of Croke Park with the Etihad Skyline’s Dusk Valentine’s Day tour. From €25 per person.
- Watch: Let life imitate art and spend the evening at the Abbey’s production of ‘Arlington’, a strange and tender love story set in the midst of a bleak and terrifying world, by Enda Walsh. Buy your tickets here.
- Drink: If you must drown your sorrows, do it in style with bottomless bubbles in Beeftro (Balfe Street and Dundrum) for €15 per person (main course must be purchased).
- Eat: Keep it simple with a neighbourhood Early Bird and a drink in your local; avoid the hangover AND keep some of that mojo for a big date night. Chances are your local bistro is encouraging diners with some special deals. For example the Intercontinental Hotel has a special four course menu from €65 per person.
- Netflix and Chill. It’s a Tuesday night after all, so no need to feel guilty about enjoying life’s simple pleasures. Although you didn’t need me to tell you that! Fancy a takeaway? Here’s €5 off your first Deliveroo: https://roo.it/fionam9541
You must be logged in to post a comment.